"After 3 years in development, hopefully it would have been worth the wait. "
- Inafune admiring at the release of Mighty No. 9
Mighty No. 9 is a one of the many rubbish by the infamous Inti Creates, a poor video game developer located somewhere in Japan. It was created by Inafune, the person who made Mega Man.
Mighty No. 9 is basically a Mega Man game with 4 million dollars and a slice of pizza in the pocket. It was meant to be a spiritual successor to said game, but it turned out to be nothing special. Instead, we just got a ripoff game that steals ideas from Kirby, tries to be hip and edgy like Sonic back in the 90s and early 2000s (which Sonic isn't happy with this), looks worse than NES games, and a cringy advertisement.
Just look at this crap! The graphics themselves are very ugly, the explosions look
delicious like a pizza, the gameplay are incredibly tedious, the characters aren't inspiring, and the copying ability sounds like a certain Nintendo character that's adorable, creative, and has amazing final bosses. Not to mention I just cringed so hard throughout the trailer, and muting it makes the game looks, bad. It looks painfully average at best, and a blatant ripoff at worst. Who knows, maybe this can be a candidate for one of the worst games of the 2010s. It's certainly no Rise of Lyric in terms of dullness, but it's definitely enough for me to really despise Inafune. A once respectable man turned into a laughing stock and a lazy, terrible developer.
The more I go on, the more I hate this game. it's funny, really.
(Credit goes to an unknown YouTuber.)
"If anyone else wants to buy this game, why not going to the pizza restaurant instead?"
- A sarcastic critic criticizing the game's poor sales.
"It is quite impressive for this to be more infamous than Sonic 2006/Boom. Honestly, I wouldn't say this game is bad but, oh well."
- Stylx's review on Mighty No. 9
"Dear Anime Fans: On Prom Night, at least we'll still be there for you."
- Sonic's (somewhat ironic) messages on Twitter.
"You're the fresh-baked pizza of gaming while the other side is delayed delivery pizza."
- DiGiorno Pizza's response to Sonic on Twitter.
"I'm so glad I didn't back up this game."
- One of the customers
"He's a business man. Not a creator."
- Hideki Kamiya warns people about Inafune
"What are you gonna do now, big boy?"
- Yugi Mutou's response to Inafune after his defeat in a duel
- It was made with 4 million dollars. 4 MILLION DOLLARS, and this is what they serve up?
- Also, "make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night?" Wow, seriously? Quit trying to insult to the anime fans! It's not cool!